Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-chia!

My intestines are getting back to normal now (the new healthy normal) after several days back on the silver aloe protocol.  Another change I have made that seems to have really helped is the addition of chia seeds to my morning smoothies.  I had been eating a lot of chia seeds early on in the form of chia seed pudding, but I have been so busy I haven't made any in a while. 

Adding 2 tbsp. of chia to my 1 cup of organic kefir, 1 scoop of chocolate One World Whey, two scoops of Amazing Grass chocolate, and almond milk really seems to help.  Sometimes I put a bit of extra raw cacao in it for some more chocolatey goodness.  As a bonus it does keep me even more filled up than my smoothie alone.  I have to put a little more almond milk in it to compensate for the liquid absorbing properties of the chia seeds, otherwise it would be too thick to drink.  The chia is going to become a permanent addition to my morning smoothie.

I've also discovered flavored stevias which I am totally in love with.  Sweet Leaf makes liquid flavored stevias in all sorts of flavors.  So far I've tried the vanilla creme and chocolate and I love them both.  The vanilla creme is especially awesome.  I put a few drops of it in with my milk thistle and dandelion tincture (to help detox my liver) and it totally masks the nasty taste of the milk thistle and makes it yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment