Monday, September 19, 2011

Vacation Time!

I just got back from a great week-long vacation.  It's amazing how much I learned about my body with the variance from my daily routine.  I went to the coast and had a great time indulging in all sorts of new foods, but still I was very careful with what I ate and did not get one bit sick.

My morning smoothie routine stayed the same for breakfast.  It is:

1 cup dairy kefir,
2 scoops chocolate Amazing Grass,
1 scoop One World Whey (chocolate),
1 cup coconut milk (I used to use almond milk but I decided I like coconut milk better),
8 drops of chocolate flavored stevia, and
2 tbsp. chia seeds.

It's amazing how much this helps me power through a long day.  I spent a lot of time walking through several historical cities and on the beach in some pretty oppressive heat, typically I was on my feet from early in the morning until I went to sleep at night.  I did get one minor heat headache, but I did not get dehydrated in the least or sick from it (thank you chia seeds!). 

My friend who went with me did get dehydrated and heat exhausted, and I actually was having to slow myself down in the heat so she could keep up with me!  My endurance and ability to cope with the climate was amazing, and so far beyond where I would have been just months ago.  I am a little sore in my feet and ankles from walking on the beach, but some arnica montana really seems to be helping.

The interesting thing is that I started my period the day before I left, so I was in the heaviest part of my period while I was doing most of the walking in the heat.  After being on the Mega Foods Blood Builder and ferrum phos. for an entire month I had no trouble whatsoever.  No weakness, no energy loss, nothing.  I really didn't even experience my usual PMS beforehand, although I did start taking my King Bio PMS Relief several days before I started.  My blood loss was pretty par for the course as it has been for the past couple of months, but the difference in how I felt was substantial, especially with all the physical activity.  Needless to say the Blood Builder and ferrum phos. are going to be a permanent part of my supplement regimen from here on out.

When it came to eating I made sure to get plenty of good lean protein and raw vegetables.  I did indulge in dessert a couple of times, but was careful to stay gluten and grain free.  My intestines stayed quite happy the whole trip.  It's amazing how you can overindulge on a great salad and seafood and it totally doesn't mess with you or sit heavy on your stomach.

I picked up some Camu Gold from the Amazon Herb Company while I was on vacation, since I happened to run into some and have been meaning to try it to see how it helps with depression.  Hopefully that will be a good report as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment