Saturday, December 3, 2011

Healing Tendons, Raw Cheese, and Digestive Enzymes

The one thing that amazes me on this journey is how much I continue to learn about what my body needs on a daily basis.  Thanks to my great chiropractors and the double dose of turmeric I am taking daily, my hip is healing fast.  It still stiffens a little bit when I've been sitting for a while, but there is no pain any more.  But the stiffness is getting less and less, and quickly shakes off after walking around a few minutes.

I've also started eating raw cheese on a daily basis.  It's truly interesting because I was having such a hard time with any dairy, but this doesn't make me nauseated at all.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a good source for raw milk.  I've been getting organic kefir which is pasteurized, but the fermentation process seems to make it quite digestible for me.  Plus it's giving me probiotics.  So now I can eat raw cheese, kefir, and ghee without problems.  Apparently this is pretty common for people recovering from either celiac or gluten intolerance from what I've been reading online.  For some reason we just can't handle the lactose, but in the kefir and ghee there is no lactose.  Interestingly, raw cheese still has the enzymes from the momma cow to help her baby digest the lactose.  So I'm guessing lactose is my culprit there.

I'm still having problems when I eat anything outside of vegetables, meat, and nuts.  Any kind of carbs do not go well, not that I eat many.  But I have found some digestive enzymes that are really helping quite a bit.  Initially I ignored the suggestion that I take digestive enzymes in the Body Ecology Diet book, but I started having some intestinal issues again.  Apparently that was a combination of my oral magnesium supplement and needing some extra digestive help.  I started the digestive enzymes with meals and it got a lot better but still not 100%, but then I realized that the magnesium can have a laxative effect, so I stopped it and now I'm back to normal.

Fortunately I don't have to take the enzymes with everything, but I do have to watch anything with any real carbs in it, like brown rice and some seeds.  If I eat anything at all questionable, like something a restaurant or relative has prepared I take them to be safe. 

As far as the magnesium goes, I have a magnesium lotion coming to try supplementing through the skin, as I know the magnesium is really good for me.  But I guess my system can't handle it orally.

No comments:

Post a Comment