Wednesday, July 13, 2011

24 Pounds Gone and Assorted Random Musings

I’ve officially lost 24 pounds as of Monday.  Wow!  That’s one pound short of a whole weight plate at the gym.  It’s pretty crazy.  People at work are really starting to notice and joke about how if I lose any more weight they won’t be able to see me going by, they’ll just feel a whoosh of air as I run by.  

Obviously at 191 pounds I’m not quite to that stage, but still it’s nice to hear.  One of my friends said the place she could see it most was my face.  All the puffiness that used to be there is gone.


My period this month has been a whole lot of nothing, thank goodness.  I think I had two mini cramplets but that’s about it.  It’s definitely not been the drama that it was last month.  I guess my body just got a little zealous about the whole detoxing thing.


I’m down 10 mg of my antidepressant, actually I am having to split the capsules because I’m in between the doses that are made by the manufacturer.  It’s been a couple of weeks now and I still really haven’t noticed a difference.  I have been taking some homeopathic sepia which seems to be working well for me.  I’ve been trying to find some aurum metallicum, but there is none to be had around here, even in the vitamin and health food stores.  I did get a complex remedy from King Bio that has some in it, so hopefully that should prove helpful.  Everything I’ve heard about aurum metallicum is that it’s great for depression.  I keep my depression managed pretty well, but I’m all about the “hey let’s throw everything and the kitchen sink at it” school of thought.


Interestingly I did some reading about aurum metallicum that really led me to a lot of questions.  I have a materia medica app with Boericke and Kent on my phone (it’s a freebie if you have an Android device).  The stuff seems a bit rambly to me but I’m starting to figure some of it out.  One of the things they kept rambling on and on about in the stuff about aurum metallicum remedy was about syphilis and mercury.  Of course, this is cracking me up for some reason, I guess because I have never had syphilis and thus have never had to medicate myself with mercury.


But then I stopped to think about the possible connection between mercury and the brain.  From what I gathered (and I’m still a total newbie at reading this so I could be way off base), the mercury treatment was making people depressed, and then the docs were going back and using the aurum metallicum to help with it.  Then a ding ding ding went off in my head.  


I was a very well vaccinated child.  The only vaccine I didn’t get a second time was the DPT, because I had a reaction to it when I was little.  There was some sort of temporary leg paralysis thing, I’m a little fuzzy on the details that my parents told me about and I was too young to remember.  I think it was something to the shot went in the rump and a few hours later I could no longer stand or move the leg attached to said rump cheek.  It cleared up in a day or two I believe.  Anyway Mom and Dad opted to not let me have any boosters of that one, and they told me when I was older to avoid it.  


So I had lots of vaccines as a kid.  Vaccines have mercury in them.  Possible connection with the depression?  I don’t know, but it does make for very interesting questions doesn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment