Sunday, July 3, 2011

Garlicky Kale Stir Fry from Heaven!

I conducted a culinary experiment tonight and I am basking in garlicky kale bliss and I had to share.  This is one experiment that I am so going to repeat!

I had some prepared buckwheat in the fridge, along with some grape tomatoes that were just starting to get a little mushy.  So as I was washing up my fresh lacinato kale (a sweeter Italian variety), I concocted a plan.  Being a kale-aholic and a garlic-aholic, those were a given.  Here is my little experiment.

1 1/2 tbsp. ghee (clarified butter)
1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
8 grape tomatoes, halved
several big handfuls of coarsely chopped kale
1/2 cup prepared buckwheat (approximately)
Himalayan sea salt (to taste)

In a wok, I melted the ghee and added the minced garlic.  Then I dumped the kale, tomatoes, and buckwheat in and sauteed them on medium high heat.  When the veggies get nice and wilty and the ghee starts turning the buckwheat brownish it's done.  Dump on a plate, salt to taste and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment