Friday, July 1, 2011

Go Big Orange!

Yes, I’m from Tennessee so orange is normally a good thing.  Except when your poop turns orange.  Then it’s just scary as heck.  I’ve had some intestinal issues over the past few days, I think from not properly cleaning my sprouts like I should have, but at the same time it all turned orange!  Seriously, I had no idea poop could be orange.  It freaked me out, and I stopped at the local health food store on the way to work to pick up some aloe juice, King Bio Diarrhea Relief, and some hepar sulphuris calcareum.  Admittedly the intestinal issues have been a little annoying, but not bad.

The orangeness was really freaking me out, but I was checking out an article on astaxanthin, because my endurance in my workouts has been through the roof since I started taking it about a week and a half ago.  Sure enough, listed as one of the side effects of taking astaxanthin on several different sites is orange-ish poop.  I’ve been taking two pills a day of the BioAstin, so that would definitely explain it.  Freak out averted.  All my spirulina turned it green, and now the astaxanthin is turning it orange.  Maybe now I really will bleed orange.  Go Vols!

Geez, I feel like an old lady always discussing the state of my bowels.

So is it weird to really like the taste of aloe juice?  I kind of miss it anyway from when I was doing the silver-aloe protocol.  It tastes so fresh and green.  Is green really a taste?  I don’t know but that’s the word that strikes me when I drink it.  Plus my whole abdomen would sort of sigh happily and relax whenever I drank it with the silver.  Since I got that feeling on the protocol, I figured it wouldn’t hurt now that my intestines are a bit crabby.  Sure enough, I took a couple of gulps out of the bottle and my tummy went, “AHHHHHH.”  Pepto Bismol sure doesn’t work that fast. 

I’ve been sipping on the aloe juice all day and it’s amazing how much better everything is.  The funniest part is that almost intuitively, I seemed to know that I needed the aloe juice.  This whole “the body is smart” (and apparently very chatty) concept is new to me.  I’m sure the homeopathic stuff is helping too, but it’s such a weird feeling to see these dormant instincts in my body are starting to awaken now that I’m not fighting it.  Kind of like finding out everything you ever learned about your body is wrong.  That’s probably why my brain is still spinning.  Is there a homeopathic remedy for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment