Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's a Conspiracy...

What is it with people trying to make me eat the exact stuff I'm trying to avoid?  Seriously, it's nuts.  Everywhere I turned at work today, there were bagel platters and cookie platters all over the place.  All filled with the wonderful things that will make my gut very, very cranky: sugar, lactose, gluten, and refined carbs.  Sheesh!

My dad has taken to calling me "grass eater" because I am eating so many vegetables, mostly leafy greens.  Dad's never met a vegetable he likes, with the exception of battered and deep-fried-til-it's-blackened okra.  He eats something like two doughnuts a day, so I have started calling him "doughnut eater."  It works!

Sometimes it is so hard dealing with everyone else around me shoveling all this toxic garbage into their faces as fast as they can, and it's so hard for me to find things that are safe for me to eat out in the wide world.  I get bored with food easily so it's definitely going to be my next challenge to come up with more creative ways of putting together the foods I can eat, while still getting all the food combining rules from the Body Ecology Diet right.  Mostly it's making sure that you don't even put protein fats, animal proteins, or protein starches together.  Fortunately veggies pretty much combine with anything.

I just got almost two weeks worth of samples from One World Whey in that I started on Sunday.  It's definitely pretty tasty, and I did have an AWESOME workout this morning.  Maybe it's the whey, maybe not.  Only time will tell.  It's a little on the spendy side, so I'm glad they offered samples first.  I really like mixing it in to my morning smoothies, and the offer it in chocolate too.  The vanilla is pretty awesome too, and they have strawberry but I haven't tried that yet.  One of my smoothies will last me a good 4-5 hours before I get hungry again with the whey in it, so that's definitely a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment