Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday, June 6 and Kale Quinoa Salad with Hemp Garlic Dressing

Well Sovereign Silver does it again.  My toe is solidly scabbed up and normal color is returning to the flap of skin that was cut loose.  There is no pain now even when I press on the wound.  So not only does it heal your gut, but also your toes!

Now for the big news of the day.  I have officially lost 20 whole pounds!  Pound number 20 just popped off last night apparently.  That is 20 pounds in less than 2 months!  I am now at 195.  I never believed it could be possible, especially after struggling for so long on ultra low calorie diets and now finally eating normal quantities of food for the first time in ages.  I am so excited!



I decided tonight to experiment tonight with my new bottle of Hemp Oil I got from NaturalNews.com.  Unfortunately the bottle had an unfortunate mishap and the top of the cork was broken off during shipping.  Seeing as how no one in our family drinks alcohol, we do not have a corkscrew.  So, as you can see from the picture, when you don't have a corkscrew, a long screw and screwdriver works quite nicely!

Of course, being the kale-o-holic that I am, it had to involve kale.  I just grew some lentil sprouts as well, so I threw a bunch of kale and lentil sprouts into a bowl together, then boiled up some quinoa for protein.

Now for the fun part!  I decided to make my own dressing using the hemp oil.  I used:

1/8 cup of hemp oil
3 tsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. of lemon juice
1 tsp. of minced garlic (from a jar, but hey, I'm tired after work - at least it's organic).

I mixed them all up in a cup and added salt and pepper to taste.  Then I poured some of my new dressing over my salad.  It's an interesting flavor.  I'm definitely going to have to refine it and play with some spices.

Here is my result.  It turned out pretty yummy for my first hemp oil experiment.




No comments:

Post a Comment