Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday, May 19

What a crazy day! Work has been insane! I am tired today, and very sore. I got a massage last night and the guy who worked on me warned me that I would be sore today and sure enough I am. It was the first time I've seen this particular one and apparently he has a sports therapy background and really went after all the muscle groups that my trainer (former Marine Corps sniper if that tells you anything about my workouts) really hits on. Unfortunately I usually require a good bit of pain and deep tissue work to get all the kinks worked out, but I know by tomorrow I'll feel so much better if I keep the H20 going in. I've been taking some oral arnica to help with the soreness and using the gel and that seems to really help. I think the tired is just because it flushed so much stuff out of my tissues and my body is having to process it out.

Sinuses are behaving pretty well. There's a little soreness with pressure in the usually sore places (above the eyes and just under the cheekbones), but I've been working them pretty hard with accupressure to try to help them drain. Still off the Claritin, and stuff is still draining, but not nearly as much as yesterday. Considering this is prime allergy season in the allergy capital of the planet that is no small accomplishment. Still doing the Sinus Relief three times a day to keep it happy along with the silver and stuff.

I just discovered that arnica gel works on poison ivy today!!! It's doing better than the silver gel on keeping the itchy down and the spots aren't as swollen. The spots are only the size of bug bites, but they pack a lot of itch into a tiny space.

I decided to try young coconut kefir, and was not terribly impressed with the taste, but at least I didn't gag like I do with regular coconut. I'm going to have to doctor it with some stevia or something. I much prefer the dairy version, it tastes way better. I'm now in the section on food combining in the Body Ecology Diet book. That's going to take some getting used to, but I'll manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment