Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday, May 18

No sinus headache today. I think the Claritin was the culprit. Just to be safe, I slept with my head and shoulders elevated on two pillows. Sure enough that was a good move. My sinuses drained like gangbusters last night. I woke up several times with gobs of stuff running down my throat. I did actually get up and have diarrhea once last night (par for the course with sinus drainage), but it appears the Claritin was stopping all the gunk that wanted to drain out from doing so. I hate that it may have messed up some of the progress I've made with my gut, but glad that it's getting out. At this point I'm just relying on my Quercetin/Bromelain supplement, the Sinus Relief, and the SinuOrega for control. I'm going to keep the SinuOrega going in today to keep flushing stuff out. Oddly, it doesn't seem to be burning so bad, or maybe I'm just getting used to it. Will still do the oral silver, nasal silver, Oreganol, and grapefruit seed extract 3x/day for the next two weeks to help everything heal up. I'm a little gassy this morning, probably just leftover from the drainage caused upheaval last night. I've got the King Bio Headache Relief (nice stuff!) in my purse if I need it.

I wasn't sure I'd like these King Bio spray bottles, as pills are more compact, but they carry pretty well in my purse and the caps stay on. It's pretty easy just to pop them out and take a few squirts without having to hunt down safe water to drink. The coconut oil last night was nasty, but admittedly I have a serious taste aversion to coconut. I used to eat it like candy as a kid but then I got sick on it and now I can't even stand the smell of it, much less the taste. Fortunately there wasn't enough coconut taste to the Nutiva stuff to really make me sick, just a bit grossed out. Going to try some coconut milk kefir today to see if I can tolerate it.

After looking at the "bug bites" they are starting to get little blister looking things, so I think I actually got into a little poison ivy this weekend trimming back the jungle. The silver gel/shea butter-argan salve seems to still be working pretty well to quell the itchiness. I have to reapply several times a day when it starts getting crabby, but I'd have to do that with hydrocortisone too.

Another interesting tidbit. We had "cake day" at work a few days ago. They bring in some desserts and we celebrate the month's birthdays. I walked into the kitchen to get some silverware and caught a whiff of the cake and buttercream frosting and actually got nauseous and gagged from the smell. Apparently my body really has changed. The funny thing is that the smell was actually pleasant, but it was like my gut was warning me "I am happy now, so don't you dare go near that stuff" - not that I had any intention of doing so. Still it was pretty funny, as everyone else is in there getting their cake and I'm trying not to puke from the smell. I'm starting to believe that the gut is actually a second brain, because it was DEFINITELY talking to me that day!

Made chocolate "tapioca" pudding tonight with chia seeds. Just some raw cacao powder, stevia, almond milk, and the chia seeds. It was pretty good. I'm going to have to refine the recipe a bit but it's definitely workable. I may try a cinnamon variety next time. It's super filling too. I had a quinoa tabbouleh with added sprouts and some chicken for lunch. Not too shabby! I can see the key to the Body Ecology diet is finding ways to be creative with the allowed foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment