Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday, May 17

My sinuses have been acting up yesterday and today. I'm going to stop my Claritin (the last allergy drug I'm on - I'm off the Astelin and Mucinex now). I'm wondering if maybe it's drying things up too much now. It's worse in the AM, but resolves toward the middle to end of the day. I take my Claritin at night, so maybe that's an issue. Even then it's still not that bad, way less than the usual killer sinus headaches I would get. I added some grapefruit seed extract (liquid diluted in water) that I've been using to de-mold my sprouts but it tastes NASTY, NASTY, NASTY so I'm going to get some pills. Blech, blech, blech!!!! Did I mention it tastes nasty? I'm upping my Oreganol and SinuOrega (which burns like heck but seems to be the most effective at opening everything up and cleaning it out - relief is usually immediate) along with the silver nasal spray and oral silver. My inner ear wax/eczema is improving greatly with the increased silver intake, so I'm sure it's hitting my sinuses too since they're all connected up there. My eyes have been a little dry and it's been messing with my contacts, but I'm sure it's all the garbage going on in my head right now. Continuing the Sinus Relief spray and added the Headache Relief spray to it. It seems to help too. I'm carrying them in my purse along with my silver nasal spray and SinuOrega.

I have no doubt that this is the candida monster in my sinuses and ears, and I'm going to throw everything at it. I know I'm going to have to be patient, as it has been there for years and years, and it's going to take a strong concerted effort to get rid of it once and for all. I'm working the accupressure points my massage therapist showed me a while back to try to get everything draining out. Actually if I just sit there and put pressure on them the headache pain disappears completely, but then I'd never get anything done because my hands would be tied up and I would look like a complete idiot running around with my fingers on my accupressure points.

Oh, I got some bug bites on my ankles that were itching all to heck yesterday. I kept scratching at my right ankle without realizing why yesterday during the day, and then it got to hurting really badly yesterday afternoon and I looked and lo and behold, bug bites! I slapped some silver gel (which is also in my purse - I've practically got a naturopathic first aid kit in my purse now!) on it and a bit of the shea butter/argan salve and it quelled the itchy hurtiness right down. No hydrocortisone needed!

I actually had a teary moment today. I was waiting for the elevator to leave work this evening and saw my reflection in the office doors. It took me a second to recognize myself. I have slimmed down so much I look completely different and choked up for a minute. Honestly I never believed I would see that girl looking back at me in a reflection again. I am under 200 pounds for the first time in YEARS! My skin has been getting noticeably more radiant too, so much so that I have toned down my makeup.

This really has been as much of a journey of self discovery as it has been of healing. I have been fighting my body for so long on weight and everything else, not realizing there was any other way to go. Now I am working with my body and slowly bit surely gaining control over the candida monster. But not by fighting my body with all sorts of allergy meds and starvation diets. For the first time I am starting to see the innate wisdom of my body in the weight, the allergies, the eczema, the rashes - everything. My body has been screaming at me for help or years and I just didn't know how to listen. Sadly neither did my doctors.

Now I know the candida had completely taken control of my body and my poor liver was doing everything it could to detoxify me. No wonder it couldn't burn fat even on a starvation diet. It was too busy just trying to keep me alive through all of it.

I know this isn't over by a long shot. My sinuses are still having minor flare ups. But for the first time I am in charge, not the candida. I am going to give my body everything I can to keep pushing back until it is back in its place helping my body instead of hurting it.

I am taking a leap of faith tonight by stopping my last allergy med - the Claritin. My three doses of oral silver are in, 6 doses of King Bio Sinus Relief, I started grapefruit seed extract today and I am continuing the silver nasal spray, Oreganol, and SinuOrega. I am also starting a teaspoon of coconut oil tonight too. Take that candida monster!

No zits either even though I have been off the birth control pills for a couple of weeks. I have extracted a few little comedones from my chin but that's par for the course for any gal. The only difference is I do it myself instead of paying an aesthetician to do it (I have a little extractor tool). None of them have shown any signs of infection like they were moving toward zitdom and they've all popped out quite easily. Yes, I am cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment