Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday, May 31

I have discovered that I may not be able to tolerate even cultured butter (butter with friendly bacterial critters). I got SO gassy and uncomfortable yesterday when I put a little cultured butter on my steamed broccoli and it was so not pleasant. I may try to pick up some ghee and try that if I really need a butter fix, but for now I think I'm sticking with coconut oil and olive oil. I suppose it could have been the broccoli, so I'll have to test that hypothesis, but I'm leaning toward the butter. I'm still eating lots of kale, and some baby tomatoes occasionally. The Body Ecology Diet book says that you can have them occasionally if you tolerate them ok, and so far I haven't had a bit of trouble with them. But of course that's eating them with a ton of kale, dressing made with apple cider vinegar/olive oil, and hemp seeds.

I'm finding more and more ways to make my food interesting with spices and stuff. Dessert options are something I need to play with more, as I've been mostly focused on eating regular meals. So far the chia seed pudding and my morning smoothies are holding me for the sweet/chocolate fix.

My sinuses are still well under control with the new remedies. I've got a little bit of a sore throat today, but that's because a bunch of garbage is draining down the back of my throat.

I had a good workout today, especially now that my trainer is back from his vacation. Getting up early doesn't wipe me out like it used to. I'd be a walking zombie on workout days normally and feel like I was about to keel over and fall asleep. That never happens any more. I guess getting the candida under control has normalized my serotonin/melatonin cycle somehow. I'm still turning into a pumpkin at about 10 PM and HAVE to go to bed or I'll fall over, but that's a good thing I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment